Mental Health and Wellbeing
There are many excellent resources to help us all look after our mental health and wellbeing. Whether in crisis, feeling low and anxious, or in need of advice to help support loved ones or colleagues, the following are just some of the websites and organisations that can offer support and guidance.
- Mind, the mental health charity, has a wealth of information and advice to support mental health and emotional wellbeing. In addition, they have developed these guidelines for looking after your wellbeing during the current pandemic. Https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/Coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Feeling anxious and uncertain about how to navigate the impact of the pandemic, and the possible safety of loved ones is only natural. For some, anxiety will become a huge problem, and mental illness will be a real risk . Anxiety UK has a wealth of support and information for individuals and to help access support for others: https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/get-help/anxiety-information/
- Children and young people may also be feeling worried and scared. There are lots of online resources that offer help, guidance and counselling to young people:
- For anyone who is feeling totally overwhelmed and needs immediate help, The Samaritans can be contacted free from any phone on 116 123. If it would help to email instead, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org Be aware that email response times are 24 hours.
- You can view these excellent blogs, all about working from home: